For this week’s ROM of the week, check out the latest CM13 ROM with Android 6.0.1, available for all GSM variants (T-Mobile SM-G900T, Canadian SM-G900W8, SM-G900F), Sprint SM-G900P, US Cellular SM-G900R4, and SM-G900I.
This is probably the most stable and fastest Marshmallow-based custom ROM I have tried so far with pretty much everything working out of the box including voice, data, 4G LTE, bluetooth, 4K video camera, etc…etc… So far, I haven’t been able to spot any bugs in the last few days I have been daily driving this ROM.
I know some of you were complaining that SnapChat wasn’t working on the VRToxin ROM but this CM13 ROM works with SnapChat just fine. Other than great performance, you will get all of the features of CM13, Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, DOZE mode, and lots more.
If you have a model that’s supported, definitely give this guy a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Sorry, not available for AT&T or Verizon S5 as they have locked bootloaders, try switching carriers?
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install SuperSU and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy S5! Using TWRP? See our universal fail-proof method on installing custom ROM and boot the first time!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android Lollipop!
- Want Xposed for Lollipop? See How to Install Xposed for Android Lollipop!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I have no Play Store!
A: Make sure you install Gapps zip file in TWRP or CWM Recovery!!! Download link in this post above.
Q: I am getting Status 7 error in CWM/TWRP!
A: Sometimes, ROM developers put restrictions by accident, you can try this guide to get around it.
Q: I have no root access!
A: Missing root? See How to Enable Root on CM12.1!