Here’s how to root your Galaxy S5. I have put together 2 different ways of rooting your Galaxy S5 depending on what you are going to do with your Galaxy S5.
For AT&T or Verizon Galaxy S5, please see How to Root AT&T/Verizon Galaxy S5 instead!
If you need to backup your phone, install custom ROM, and also have root, follow Root Method #1 below.
If you just need to have root and not going to backup your phone or install custom ROMs, follow Root Method #2.
Credits – I want to thank the two XDA developers Phil3759 for CWM Recovery and ChainFire for SuperSU/CF Auto Root. Don’t forget to donate to them if you have some money to spare as this tutorial would not have been possible without the awesome open-source developers who work for free, thx! (Donate to Phil3759,Donate to ChainFire Here)
This root method is for the following Galaxy S5 models:
- SM-G900T T-Mobile Galaxy S5
- SM-G900P Sprint Galaxy S5
- SM-G900R4 US Cellular Galaxy S5
- SM-G900T1 Metro PCS Galaxy S5
- SM-G900W8 Canadian Galaxy S5
- SM-G900F International/European/Asian Galaxy S5
- SM-G900M Middle East/South America Galaxy S5
- SM-G900H International Exynos Galaxy S5
This root method works for all Android 4.4.2, 4.4.3, 4.4.4 KitKat, and Android 5.0.1, 5.0.2 Lollipop.